Last year I reviewed a great little security app for Android devices called NFCSecure. The app has seen many updates since my early review and has become even more useful. I wonâ€™t bore you all with another full review but will just give a little overview instead. NFCSecure uses the NFC capabilities on your device to keep unwanted guests out by using NFC enabled tags as ‘keysâ€™. Obviously this works best with wearable NFC tags such as wristbands but any compatible tag can be used. Future versions will also include the option to use Bluetooth enabled devices such as Pebble smart watches as ‘keysâ€™. Features Include :
- Fast NFC unlock of Android devices
- Easily pair your device with multiple NFC tags
- Option to disable lockscreen widgets (Android 4.2+)
- Optional NFC lock based on time since locked.
- Optional NFC lock based on number of unlocks.
- Optional NFC lock based on number of failed unlock attempts.
- Option to bypass NFC scan by typing Gmail credentials (i.e. for lost NFC tags)
- Option to bypass NFC scan by typing saved PIN (i.e. for lost NFC tags)
- Locale/Takser plugin.
- Fine tuned call management settings.
- Customizable lock screen.
- Cloud key backup and restore.
- Cloud settings backup and restore.
- YubiCo YubiKey NEO support.
- Personalized Security Reports
- “Protected Networks” - Setup a network to prevent NFCSecure from being triggered.
We have 5 full pro codes to give away to LoD readers and all you have to do is complete the following steps.
3: Download the free version of the app from the link below and leave a review.
4: Add your twitter handle below.
On Wednesday night at 9pm (GMT) I will pick 5 winners who have completed the above steps and DM them their winning code.