Hands up if you’ve ever smashed the screen on your phone…
Yep I’ve been there too and with my HTC One which was likely to be an expansive fix had it not been for the fact that I had mobile phone insurance. As I stood looking at the smash my heart sank, it’s almost like loosing a body part for some of us and the idea of paying for a screen repair kills us too doesn’t it?
As part of the new HTC Customer Advantage program that sees customers pick up between 25GB and 50GB free additional Google Drive™ when they buy a new phone they now have the ability to have a broken screen replaced as a one time deal.
- Cracked screen? HTC has you covered with a free one-time screen replacement within the first 6 months of ownership.
Of course, with deals like this there are usually things that will upset others so let’s quickly outline those too.
- Screen replacement limited to 1 replacement per device
- Damage must happen within first 6 months of ownership
- Handsets bought pre 18th Fab 2014 are not eligible
- Offer applies to One range of handsets (One Mini, One, One Max)
- Purchased handset must be from an authorized retailer
- Offer available to US customers only
Despite having the downsides as outlined above, this is a pretty impressive deal from HTC who are emulating the service mentioned to be part of Kazam handset purchased (which was set up by former HTC employees).