The title may be confusing but it certainly suits this device. I’m mindblown by this device and in such a good way. While it seems a tad on the ridiculous and over-the-top side it’s also quite genius at the same time. Let’s take a look at some pictures to try and clear up some of the confusion:
Yes it’s as confusing as I said it was but let me break it down for you.
- You essentially have two 7″ screens here, one screen is the main screen and one is the ‘Slingshot’. The slingshot is a 7″ android phablet that can detach and be used as tablet or a phone.
- It comes in two versions Android, and Windroid. The Android version runs android on both screens allowing you to open up two apps in full screen at once while the Windroid version has Windows 8.1 on the main screen and Android on the slingshot.
- Cliq Covers are replaceable covers that change the look and feel of the device and they also have a Smart Cliq. The smart cliq has LED notification lights surrounding the entire cover and 1.5″ screen in the middle for notifications.
- The device has 4G LTE bands that allows you to be connected no matter where you are and you can now use one data plan for your laptop, tablet, and phone.
- The slingshot comes with a built in stylus which is a nice little touch.
- The device is smart enough to know if you’re downloading a file but need to go you can detach the slingshot screen and the file will continue downloading on just that part of the device.
- Fold it all up and it’s super small and portable and only the height of a dime.
Now for some specs:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 2.5GHz quad core Krait 400 CPU
- Adreno 330 GPU
- Two batteries:
- 3200 mAh in the slingshot
- Unknown in the base but said to last 8.5 hours
- 3GB RAM
- 16/32/64 GB on board storage with a micro SD card slot
- All the above features in the slingshot plus:
- Windows 8.1 with Windows 10 when available
- Intel I7 3537U at 2.0Ghz
- 4GB RAM upgradable to 8GB
This device is currently an Indiegogo campaign with 18 days left and it has funded 1,499%. The Android version can be bought for just $300 right now if you back it and the Windroid version will cost you $400. I’m quite impressed with those prices if I must say.
This thing is just a all-in-one mind blowing complete device extravaganza and I would love to get my hands on one. There is much more to know about this device I recommend heading over to their website and watching their video on it and you’ll have your mindblown just like me.