You know, here at LoT we love a good Car/Gadget mod. Especially when that said mod involves an Android device. :)
Jon Love, Loves his 2007 Range Rover Sport (pun not intended) which he lists all the bells and whistles with great pride.
- Built in Land Rover navigation
- Voice Control (Phone/Audio/Navigation)
- 7 speaker Harmon Kardon speaker system (AM/FM/6 Disc CD/AUX with steering wheel control)
- Bluetooth car kit (with steering wheel control)
- Cruise control (with steering wheel control)
- Auto lights
- Auto wipers
- Front & rear parking sensors
- Front & rear heated seats
- Electronically adjustable front seats with 3 memory positions
- Anti-glare rear view mirror
- Electronically adjustable mirrors with reverse dipping
- Fully adjustable hydraulic suspension
- Multiple 4×4 modes
- 22” wheels
- Countless other tech like ABS, electronic handbrake etc….you get the picture
Jon goes on to talk about how the factory navigation system was “just rubbish”. He realized that a $100 android smartphone was much more efficient than the out of date factory navigation system and actually did a lot more than the navigation system could. When he realized he was depending on his smartphone for navigation and other tasks, he decided to replace the in dash navigation system with a Nexus 7. The in dash mod is very nicely done, it’s clean and you would think it was something installed in the SUV when it came off the line. Click the source link below to see Jon’s posting which details the process further and be sure to check out the video down below to see it in action! I have to say my favorite feature of it is the speed odometer.
Please enter the url to a YouTube video.
[Source: Jon Love’s Blog]