Dolphin Browser is one of if not the most popular third-party browser for Android. With over a 50 million downloads over its various browser apps. It has now upgraded with some great updates.
So What New:
Yesterday Dolphin updated with new sharing options, the best part of this includes pushing web pages to other devices on your local Wi-Fi network. Built-in Evernote clipping so you can reference pages later, through the cloud service, posting to Twitter and Facebook.
- One-tap Share – Right from Dolphin, you can tweet web pages, post them to Facebook, share them via email, or grab the content and save it directly to Evernote (Beta) or Box.
- Tabbed browsing – No need to toggle between screens, tabbed browsing lets you open and switch between Web pages fast as lightning.
- Dolphin Connect – Sync/Send between Mobile and Desktop
1. Send to device: Send links, maps, phone numbers, & more from your desktop to your phone and vice versa with Chrome/Firefox/Safari extensions.**
2. Dolphin Connect: Sync easily your history, bookmarks, passwords and open tabs across Android, iOS and desktop.
- WiFi – Broadcast – Share links with Dolphin friends nearby on your wifi network.
- Sonar – Dolphin listens and lets you use your voice to search on the Internet, share on your favorite social networks, bookmark your favorite website, navigate and more all from your phone or tablet browser
- Gesture – Let your inner artist out and create a personal Gesture (symbol) to access the mobile and desktop websites you use the most.
- Add-on – Beef up your mobile Internet browser experience by installing the Add-ons for the tasks you need at your fingertips. With more than 60 and counting, Dolphin Add-ons enables any action to be done right within the mobile browser. You can check out the Add-on features with 3 preloaded on your right Sidebar.
- Speed Dial – Visit your favorite mobile websites on the go with one touch.
This includes mobile devices that also have Dolphin Connect-enabled apps installed, as well as desktop browsers that have the right plug-in. That plug-in also enables bookmark syncing, which is always handy.
[pressrelease]Dolphin Browser Supercharges Dolphin Connect, Introduces 1:1 Integration and One-Tap Sharing
Moving Beyond Browsing
SAN FRANCISCO — January 17, 2013 — Dolphin Browser, the most popular third-party smartphone browser, today unveiled an all-new version of its browser, souped up with Evernote Web Clipper integration, one-tap sharing and an enhanced Dolphin Connect. By downloading browser extensions available for Safari, Firefox or Chrome, Dolphin users can sync their entire web experience – tabs, history, bookmarks and passwords – across multiple devices without skipping a beat.
With one-tap sharing, Dolphin users can be more social than ever from within their browser. Users can instantly tweet content, post it to Facebook or share via email. Dolphin has even taken it one step further, allowing users on the same WiFi connection to broadcast any webpage to their friends.
“Our focus will always be on making users’ mobile experience better. We’re moving beyond just browsing, and are focusing on how to make the entire mobile experience more seamless,” said Yongzhi Yang, CEO of Dolphin Browser. “Streamlining how our users store, share, communicate and consume content across all mobile devices and social networks is a great first step, and we’re excited to show you what else is coming in 2013.”
The latest version of Dolphin Browser also features the ability to sync everything across all your devices, including computers. By utilizing Dolphin Connect, Dolphin’s cloud-based account, and installing an extension for Chrome, Firefox or Safari, users can send anything – maps, directions, recipes, etc. – from a desktop/laptop computer directly to their Dolphin Browser on any mobile device.
Dolphin Browser is available for free in the Google Play store for Android devices athttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser&hl=en and in the App Store for iPhone & iPod touch athttps://itunes.apple.com/en/app/dolphin-browser/id452204407?mt=8. The iPad version can be found at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dolphin-browser-for-ipad/id460812023?mt=8.
Evernote Web Clipper (Beta)
Dolphin is the first-ever mobile browser to fully integrate Evernote Web Clipper, allowing users to save web pages directly into Evernote without ever leaving Dolphin Browser.
In addition to adding personalized titles, tags and comments, users can also annotate clippings in Dolphin.
MoboTap is a mobile technology developer that is committed to advancing the mobile revolution by improving the way people experiences the mobile web. Founded and led by an international team of proven engineers and entrepreneurs and backed by leading venture capitalist firm Sequoia Capital, MoboTap has begun this revolution with the launch of Dolphin Browser, a free web-browser specifically optimized for mobile users. [/pressrelease]
One thing I like about Dolphin and some other app companies that they’re always thinking ‘Out-of-the Box’, not just some gimmicky idea but, really good updates for the users. Although the email we received had a problem with the link;
We have emailed Dolphin but as yet received no reply. So we have no link to the upgrade, sorry.
Are you drooling at these changes or, is the built-in Android browser good enough for you?