The Android-X86 project have updated there Jelly Bean test release to full 4.2.2. The code which follows the MB-MR1.1 branch was updated early this morning and source is also available via git. Unlike previous versions of the operating system, the JB branch is a single universal build rather than a host of individual builds for OEM specific hardware. The updated build comes with the following key updates.
- The latest 3.8.0 kernel enabling support of more hardware (This kernel is still experimental in main line Android).
- OpenGLES hardware acceleration for AMD Radeon & Intel graphic chipsets.
- Multi-touch, Wifi, Audio, G-Sensor, Camera and backlight control all working.
- USB auto-mounting.
- Fake SD-Card via internal storage.
- Multi-user support for eight accounts.
- DHCP Ethernet.
- Virtual Machine support.