After hours of darkness in support of SOPA & PIPA we have now returned to normal service. Thank you to everyone who helped support the cause and to those we had fun with on Twitter
So as you can see, whilst we were dark you missed out on the Sony Roadmap Leak which is posted below – this is what would happen if the US Government got their way with these proposed acts so please don’t forget that the cause is great and show support where you can and however you can.
“Borrowed From Reddit”
Check out the /r/SOPA Community FAQ.
- Read alienth’s blog post on why these acts are bad for business
- Information on H.R.3261 – Stop Online Piracy Act at OpenCongress.org
- Information on S.968 – PROTECT IP Act at OpenCongress.org
- SOPAOpera.org keeps track of where your congressmembers stand
- List of websites blacking out today at SOPAStrike.com
- Read up on OPEN, a competing bill
- Original reddit announcement of the blackout
- Outside the US? Find out what’s wrong with ACTA and do something about it. Email the US state department about PIPA and SOPA via Stop American Censorship
- Look up and contact your representative via the EFF
- Helpful info from a redditor on making phone calls to your senator or representative
- Complete the Take Action Checklist at Stop American Censorship