For those in the building trade, having a robust phone that can take some damage is a must have. The fact that some builders still use a Nokia 3310 as an onsite phone worries me a tad.
I’m not sure this one will fill the very big gap in the market though with a name like Ruby Smart… can you just imagine one big burly builder saying to another “got myself a Ruby Smart on AT&T yesterday”? Nah… I don’t think so.
None the less, the Ruby Smart is a very robust handset with the following as a spec list:
- OS: Android 2.3
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255T Single-core 1.4GHz
- RAM: 512MB
- ROM: 4GB
- Size: 122.4 × 65.9 × 12.19mm
- Weight: 119g
- 3.7 inches Super AMOLED LCD
- 800 × 480 WVGA: resolution
- Camera: Front – 1.3MP | Rear – 5MP with LED Flash
- Network: W-CDMA (850/1900/2100MHz) GSM (850/900/1800/1900)
- Packet communication: HSPA +, EDGE, GPRS
- Communication: WiFi 802.11 b / g / n Bluetooth 3.0
- microSD (Max 32GB), microUSB
- Battery: Li-Ion 1650mAh
- Waterproof: (IPX7), shock resistant, dust-support (Mil-STD810F)
The Ruby Smart is available on March 4th for $ 99.99 two-year contract with AT&T.