We all like a bit of theming don’t we? Well given how new the Galaxy Nexus is and with the developers out there braking all sorts of barriers to make things different it’s now the turn of the soft keys.
You will need to have your phone rooted in order to do this and remember, you cant brick it so don’t worry too much about this. If you do want to root then you can head over to MoDaCo who have a great solution for doing it.
Now that you have your phone rooted…. what? You done it right? Anyway, here are the instruction’s to follow to make the change.
Straight from your Galaxy Nexus
1. Easy Breezy Method – Using MetaMorph (only for my own styles)
- Download and install MetaMorph from the Market, open it at least once so that the folder AndroidThemes will be created on /sdcard/
- Download a Softkey Style using the MetaMorph link
- Move this .zip file to /sdcard/AndroidThemes using your favorite file explorer
- Open MetaMorph, choose "Unzip/Extract new theme" and select the .zip file you downloaded. A popup screen will appear, meaning it has been extracted. Press the "Close" button.
- Hit the "Apply all!" button, Reboot your phone and you’re done! Oh, and set a new wallpaper because it will be restored to default (ProTip!)
Of course, there are even more ways to do it and you can find them over at XDA Developers who again are the amazing sources of this one.