Sprint is on an OTA update frenzy. A crazy one you might add, but don’t get too excited. First of all, this update is reserved for the HTC EVO 4G, the Samsung Epic 4G, and the HTC EVO Design 4G.These are minor security updates and bug fixes. These updates will span over a period of 10 days. Here is what will be upgraded:
HTC EVO 4G Software Update – 4.67.651.3
- Security Update
- Updated Peep client ( to align with Twitter)
- Battery life improvement
HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update – 2.12.651.5
- – Security Update
- – Updated Peep client (to align with Twitter)
- – Updated Sprint Zone client
- – Battery life improvements
- – 3LM Enterprise Tool Access (no user interface changes
Samsung Epic™ 4G Software Update – EL30
- – Security update
- – Speaker feedback fix
- – The QIK and Asphalt 5 applications are no longer preloaded. When opening
- the applications using the application icon, you will be redirected to the
- Android market to download and install the full application.
- * After the QIK install, you will need to login using your original
- account information or create a new account. All contacts should remain intact
- * After the Asphalt 5 install, previous game play data (eg. levels) will not be retained.
The Samsung Epic 4G update should be rolling out right now, but as for the HTC EVO and HTC EVO Design 4G you will have to wait or do it manually. Get it now while it’s hot!