If you are a frequenter of the XDA Developer forums then you would have no doubt heard of the infamous Post 5, well the author of that very post is well known developer Hacre (or Ninpo) and he is back doing dev work with another well known developer netarchy on an improved Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy SIII.
The kernel itself has been tested by Land of Droid’s very own Jeremy Meiss and the winner of our first Samsung Galaxy SIII giveaway HCDRJacob.
So what does this kernel offer over the stock kernel then?
- Overclocking up to 1800mhz
- CPU Voltage Control Interface
- Tweaked Deadline Scheduler by default
- Compiler optimizations aimed at improving performance/battery (OMG RICE!)
- Removal of Debug overhead for performance/battery improvement
- Various other tweaks and alterations too numerous to waste text posting, see the github commits if you really want the gritty details
To find out more head on over to XDA Developers and remember not to leave crazy posts as Alex is likely to call you out on his new Post 5.
AD: The Samsung Galaxy s3 really is a great piece of technology and is one of the biggest competitors to the iPhone that we have seen in recent years. With not much seperating the phones at the moment the interesting battle will be the long term success of each handset.