After spending the last few hours using the Next Launcher beta 4. I’m of the opinion that the ‘GO Team’ could very well have a winner on their hands.
Next Launcher is under public testing now! Link below.
Many people have heard of GO Launcher. It’s one of the most popular and successful home screen replacement apps on Google Play—so much so, that many custom ROMs actually include it instead of, or along with, the stock launcher. The GO team recently started pumping out a new launcher project, and the beta version has been released for people to test.
The new launcher is called Next Launcher. It’s a little different from the stuff the GO team usually puts out. It’s recommended for phones running Android 2.3.3 or higher, with at least a dual-core processor and an 800 x 480 screen resolution. It runs on tablets but, only in portrait mode, at the moment. The wallpaper is for smartphones so please don’t contact the team for being out of focus on a tablet, just change the wallpaper!
Some of the features include:
There are also features being implemented with each new beta version. Currently, the GO team is on beta v4. The latest update brought several new features, including:
1. (New) Enable/disable vertical direction effect when the app drawer is being scrolled (App-drawer–>Click ‘Menu’–> Vertical direction effect button (The 4th button))
2. (New) Gesture settings (Click ‘Menu’ on the home screen–>Gesture settings)
3. (Improve) ‘Home’ key action
4. (Improve) Dynamic effects of adding shortcuts to home screen from app drawer (App-drawer–> Click ‘Adding shortcuts to home screen’ button (Right at the Dock))
5. (Fix) The launcher may get frozen when return back app drawer when it’s still being animated
6.(Fix) Some bugs from users’ feedback
Anyone who’s looking to give this a shot should see more features being implemented with each new update.
If you download it the and, find any bugs, the Go team would like you to submit the bug in the feedback link which is accessed on the menu button, they say the reports would be very helpful, as it is a beta. To give it a shot, go to the link below.
1. Next Launcher may not be performed properly on the device where OpenGL ES 2.0 is not supported.
2. Thanks so much for your support. Please make sure to share it with your friend before using.
Other new functions and widgets will coming soon. What is the ‘Next’?
At the end of 2012, we have a surprise for you! Next Launcher, designed by GO Dev Team, is under public testing now!
Next Launcher is a new launcher application which is full of glorious 3D elements and dynamic effects. Fancy 3D visual elements, gorgeous transition effects and humanized gestures bring you a unique and splendid operation experience and visual enjoyment.
1. Various operation for icons: icons support rotation, reset, select, align and so on. Operation is easy and fantastic.
2 .Unlimited screen layout: placing icons or widgets randomly which forms your own home screen.
3. Stereoscopic screen preview: lots of screen display effects, dazzling animation of screen switching about adding or deleting screen.
4. Quick screen management: adding different kinds of elements in screen edit including application icons, folders and widgets. It’ll support changing wallpapers and themes soon.
5. Rotatable dock: inverting upward or downward the Dock can quickly switch among home screen, screen edit and screen preview.
6. Powerful app drawer: icons can be arranged by names or by time, and folders can be created by overlaying icons. Batch mode and operation of adding apps to screen are also available.
7. Beautiful scrolling effects: a variety of app drawer scrolling effects that provide a distinctive screen switching experience.
8. Fancy 3D widgets: 3D widgets that are based on Next Launcher are coming soon!
1.Phone performance：Android 2.3.3 and up; Dual-core models and 800*480 and up is better.
2. At present, Next Launcher is a beta version that may not be stable enough. Your suggestions are gratefully welcomed.
3. The beta version only provides part of basic features. Please look forward to the full version.
If you encounter any problems or have any suggestions for our Next Launcher, please do not hesitate to tell us. Thank you very much!
Download: Next Launcher Beta4