The Nexus 7 started shipping last Friday, with many customers unhappy that other retailers beat Google when it came to the shipping of pre-orders. Since then many retailers sold out on the first day of release but the device was still available from Google Play Store. More recently the website states that the 8GB version will ship within 3-5 days whereas the 16GB version will ship within 3-4 weeks. With all major retailers having sold out here is a quick list of a few remaining stockists:
- GameStop – 16GB Nexus 7 is backordered. The company waits for a third allotment of pre-orders to ship in August.
- B&H – online orders accepted, but the store only has limited Nexus 7 stock.
- Office Depot – 8GB version listed as “coming soon” while the 16GB model is “out of stock.”
- Staples – 16GB version available in stores only.
- Kmart – selling only the 16GB version, which is currently “out of stock.”
- MobileCity – takes pre-orders for the 16GB version, but does not provide shipping dates.
- Sam’s Club – does not take pre-orders: “this item is out of stock for delivery.”
- Curry PC World Store – Nexus 7 is sold out at this UK retailer.
Google has also noted:
We’ve had incredible demand for our new Nexus 7 tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. When your device ships you will receive a notification from Google Play with a shipping tracking number.
Google haven’t stated what counts as an incredible demand in actual numbers but it would be interesting to find out.