The Sony Xperia S is the latest and greatest handset to be released by Sony and it features a very nice and new launcher, which thanks to XDA member hafiz98, you can now have on your ARC or ARC S handset.
So again, what do you need to get this and how do you get it? Read past the break….
Well, first thing is first, you will need to have your ARC or ARC S rooted as it involves pushing apk files to the system folder, and changing properties using Root Explorer or ES File Manager.
Next step is to download the Xperia Home Launcher add-on for the Arc & Arc S which is HERE.
Then follow this guide to continue:
- Download the add-on zip file and extract the contents. You should get 3 files 1) build.prop 2) Home.apk 3) SystemUI.apk
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable and transfer these 3 files to your device SD card
- Disconnect the device from PC. Now open ES File Explorer ( Or any File manager with Root explorer capability).
- Make sure that root access is enabled in the settings for ES File Explorer
- Navigate to the SD card where you have copied the 3 files in Step 2
- Copy all 3 files and paste them in /system folder
- Once the files are copied, change permissions for each file to the same permissions as other files in the folder. You can do this by :
- Navigate to /system/app
- Long press on one of the pre-existing files in /system/app
- Click Properties–>Change Permissions (***Note down the permissions that you see)
- Go back to /System
- Now Long press each of the 3 files you copied here in Step 5, and change the permissions to what you ***noted down earlier
- Transfer Home.apk and systemUI.apk from /system to the /system/app folder
- Leave build.prop where it is i.e. in /system folder
- Exit ES File Explorer & Go back to your home screen. You should now have this awesome looking Home Launcher on your Arc/s.
So there you have it… you can read the entire post over on XDA from HERE and remember to say thanks