Version 20 Preview 3 of the Android Developer Tools are out, so let’s take a look at what we can expect with the stable release….
So different from release 2 there is
- Better support for Eclipse 4.x (which progresses on from the older versions, hopefully making it much better)
- Automatic merging of library manifests into the main project (this is awesome news as it makes life so much easier for developers!)
- Optimization with ProGuard which should make some APKs smaller
- Customizable colours for LogCat
- Run new builds on multiple devices
- Lint improvements including tighter integration into the layout editor
- NDK debugging improvements including faster shortcuts and MIPS debugging
- Filling in problems with XML editing (such as custom properties with custom views)
- And lots of bugfixes
Go to the Android Tools site for more.