Android boots up with a nice little animation as you may know and these can be changed of course just like many things on Android handsets can be.
Now, the graphics guru that is JaeKar99 has compiled a huge amount of boot animation for us all to grab and get for ourselves. They can be flashed via ClockworkMod recovery or by simply sticking them in the correct folder which is normally Data/Local or System/Media, although it may be different for certain roms or devices. You can check out the full thread here and it also includes some extras like wallpaper packs – Boot Animation Collection
Here is the methods you can use below on how to install the boot animations and some previews of what you will get in the collection as well.
File browser method (Rooted devices only):
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB and mount the storage card for file transfer.
- Copy the bootanimation.zip file that you want to install, to your SD card.
- Unmount USB storage and launch the file browser of your choice on your phone.
- Browse to /system/media, copy the existing bootanimation.zip file from there and paste it somewhere safe on your SD card.
- Browse to the location on the SD card where you copied the new bootanimation.zip and copy it.
- Browse to /data/local and paste the bootanimation.zip file there to override the default system boot animation without replacing it.
ADB method (Unrooted Devices):
- Enable USB debugging on your device in Settings > Applications > Development.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB.
- Launch a command prompt/terminal window on your computer.
- Navigate to the location where you have the bootanimation.zip file saved.
adb pull /data/local/bootanimation.zip c:\
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/
There you have a whole host of Boot animations and how to install them, i currently have the Motorola Droid Razr boot animation myself and it’s nice to have a change every now and then. Take a look below at some previews of what is in the collection
Modern Warfare Simpsons Galaxyus