It was reported that the older method of rooting Motorola handsets would work with the Motorola Droid RAZR – Well it end’s up that it wouldn’t on the released version that finally came. Well the Android developer community is a wonderful place and with it’s ever increase in number the time it’s taking to find exploits and expose them have become as quick as a flash.
With the Motorola Droid RAZR it’s no ADB, no messing around with anything complicated, but what we have is a 1-click-method via a Windows package. Over at DroidLife it has tried and tested with it succeeding with no issues.
Here is the method to use:
1. On your Windows PC, make sure you have Motorola USB drivers installed. [Downloads]
2. Download the root file from above to your computer and extra the goodies from it.
3. On your RAZR, turn on USB Debugging and check the box for Unknown Sources.
- *You can find both options in Settings>Applications
4. Connect your device to your computer and make sure it is set to “Charge only.”
5. Cruise into the folder that you extracted above, and run the .bat file.
6. Your phone will reboot when when it finishes. Enjoy being rooted on day 1.
*Reminder – We don’t have an SBF file or any form of recovery at this point, so be very careful once you have rooted. If you break something in your phone, you could be stuck for a while until we get some safety files floating around the back alleys of this community.