Sprint’s version of the HTC Flyer, the HTC EVO View 4G, is finally getting the update to Honeycomb it so desperately needed. The OTA update is beginning to rollout now, and carries the version number 2.23.651.1. You can also manually check for the update by pressing Menu from the Home screen and selecting Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Updates.
The update lists the following fixes:
This update adds Android 3.2.1 (Honeycomb) and a new virtual and holographic user interface.
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
- The Action Bar—which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen—is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
- Google video chat
- Bluetooth capable in Airplane mode