I would like to entertain our fans everyday with a Dailt App Review and today being the first day I chose Opera Mobile Web Browser a wonderful alternative to the stock browser.
There are many alternative web browsers, but certainly my favorite is Opera and I’m going to explain why in the post.
- Clean UI – The UI consist of a top bar that has a section for you to insert a web address and a place for you to search where you can use the following search engines: Google, Amazon, Dictionary.com, eBay, IMDb, and Wikipedia. The bottom portion the screen has a back button ( which can also be utilized as a zoom button ), forward button, refresh button, tab button, and Opera button.
- Ease of access to favorite web pages when you start up Opera. You can choose 9 pages to be bookmarked on your homepage, and they will show up with a nice icon you can click on to go directly to the site. Make sure to bookmark us, Please.
- Another very intuitive part of this web browser is the Opera button. The Opera button is located on the bottom navigation bar and it opens up a tab where you can pick many options such as your settings, bookmarks, history, downloads, and an exit button. This is very useful when browsing and is very easy to access.
- A fantastic feature would be the tab browsing, where you can see a icon of each page you have open and can switch between them or close them easily.
- You can also search through a webpage using a keyword if you want to find the information quickly and easily.
- While browsing through a webpage you may want to copy and paste something, or you may find a interesting phrase or word and you want to know more about it you can easily do this by long pressing on a word then drag the arrow to highlight the correct phrase.
- You can also easily switch between mobile sites, and desktop site by going into settings – advanced – user agent.
- One of my favorite parts of this browser is it can easily be used with you social networking sites, like Facebook, Google+, Twitter etc. When on a webpage you want to share you hit the Opera button then hit share and you will be greeted with a list of places to share the page.
- There are no add-ons for this web browser like on Dolphin Browser HD, I would like to see those in the future.
- Also maybe more customizable themes for the browser also in Dolphin Browser HD
RATING: 4.4 Stars
UPDATED: September 13, 2011
CURRENT VERSION: 11.10
REQUIRES ANDROID: 1.6 and up
CONTENT RATING: Low Maturity
Overall this is browser is very intuitive, and I was very impressed when I used it for the first time. It has great speed to it makes your phone feel like it’s running a faster clocked processor. When pinching to zoom there is never the ‘checkerboard’ and to make it even faster you can turn on Opera turbo, and even turn off loading of images. The browser is also very easy to use the UI is very sleek and clean which makes the browsing experience even better. I personally want you to go out and give this browser a try because I promise it will make your internet experience better.
Posted by: Tyler