Twitter clients on the Android platform are everywhere, although not all of them are fantastic with features we all like, need or are essential in a complete package.
Well, the development house that is LevelUp Studio are always working on this and they are who bring us the Twitter client Plume. They have just released an update that will bring a lot of fixes, support and more features to work on making it that complete package.
The update that is 2.80 will now bring you some new bits and pieces including support for the new Android release Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It also has some new features like the internal outbox system that will enable you to queue things up like tweets and other Twitter activity’s when you have no internet connection. Also is the new featured support for Tweetmarker. This service that is available and supported through various clients and extensions can save/restore your reading position across many devices, so you will never lose your place in your timeline on your devices across multiple platforms.
Read the full changelog.
2.80 – 6th December 2011 – add support for Twitter Streaming for instantaneous updates when Plume is launched.
In the background, Plume is still polling every X minutes for now.
– add an outbox to queue message sending, retweet, favorite, etc even with no connection
– add support for using your tweet as a comment to an uploaded picture on the hosting server
– add TweetMarker support to save/restore your reading position across multiple devices (off by default)
– add support for position restoration on saved search
– add support for position restoration on lists
– add xhdpi support
– revamped a few user interface graphics to be more modern
– fix support for Android 4.0 aka Ice Cream Sandwich
– fix some missing tweets that contain the same link multiple times
– fix the switch view (for multiple accounts)
– fix the saved search reloading
– many more fixes
You can download it now from the Android Market with this link: Plume